Are you looking to make a difference in healthcare? Interior Health is looking for a Manager, Clinical Operations to join our vibrant team at PRH Access and Efficiency.
About the Role:
The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient centered care within a defined clinical area(s). The Manager provides leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned clinical area(s), and applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s). The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for: efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; guiding and coordinating activities of the clinical area(s) in accordance with professional standards; supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage and paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Provides leadership for clinical practice by seeking out and identifying best practices in patient care, ensuring the appropriate structures, system processes, and culture are in place to facilitate ongoing development of a best practice model of care.
• Evaluates effectiveness of care provided and seeks mechanisms to ensure that standards are met consistently. Responds to patient care issues and public concerns in a supportive and goal oriented manner, facilitating communication to affect positive outcomes.
• Facilitates and directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit specific goals and objectives, standards and policies, ensuring consistency with the established standards and objectives of the services within Interior Health.
• Maintains fiscal accountability by collecting and monitoring necessary fiscal and utilization data and analyzes data appropriately. Ensures effective use of resources in the service area. Monitors the budget(s), identifies variances, and takes corrective action as required to maintain expenditures within the approved budget(s).
• Participates, as part of the local management team, in coordinating the utilization of shared resources including services, equipment, and space with other departments and/or sites.
• Recruits, hires, disciplines, and terminates staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to staff, completes performance evaluations and prepares staff development, training and succession plans. Administers collective agreements and represents the employer in the grievance process, on various union/management committees, and during essential service situations.
• Identifies the educational needs of staff in the provision of direct patient care. Ensures the appropriate mechanisms are in place to support staff in the provision of quality patient care. Communicates with educational personnel regarding identified needs and collaboratively plans the opportunities for professional development.
• Maintains a positive and productive work environment respecting the value of an interdisciplinary team approach to the provision of health services. Promotes the creation of a quality work environment.
• Acts as a change agent within the service, fostering an environment of innovation and critical thinking.
• Represents Clinical Operations and assigned clinical areas on a variety of internal and external committees as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in nursing, health sciences, or related field.
• Seven to ten years recent, related clinical experience, including three years in a leadership role.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Starting salary is approximately from $96,429 to $132,591 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.