Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) team at the Shuswap Lake General Hospital in beautiful Salmon Arm, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
Our department consists of 3-beds, plus responsibility for cardiac monitoring for a maximum of 3 telemetry patients. The department recently received ceiling lifts for all three beds. Our staffing complement is one RN per 12-hour shift with workload called in when needed. The Patient Care Coordinator and Shift Coordinators also available to assist when needed. We have three physicians and our nurses work great rotations with regular meal breaks and coffee breaks.
Shuswap Lake General Hospital (SLGH) is a community hospital providing 24-hour emergency services, laboratory and radiology services, acute care beds for patient admissions, and obstetrical care. We provide some core physician specialties such as internal medicine and low complexity general surgery including ambulatory care day surgery.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation as a Registered Nurse from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Advanced preparation in a critical care clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 3 years.
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21- $54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.