Interior Health is seeking experienced and dynamic Registered Nurses to join our Continuous Home Health team in beautiful KAMLOOPS, B.C. If you have great communication skills and are a reliable, flexible and motivated Registered Nurse, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Supports the client’s achievement of safe, realistic, and reasonable goals by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating and transitioning nursing and other care services for the client
• Develops, implements and adapts a care plan, delivers direct care, assesses service eligibility and provides care management to help clients manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community setting
• Enhances quality of life for the client and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
The Continuous Home Health position duties may include, but are not limited to, case management, wound care, palliative care and general nursing assessment and intervention. The population is varied but primarily older adults with multiple comorbidities. Thompson Park Mall is the main site for this position, with North Hills Care Centre and Ponderosa as secondary sites.
This is a CASUAL OPPORTUNITY. Casual means hours are not guaranteed and may vary and shifts may be at short notice. Casual employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent and temporary positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual employment and lead to regular employment.
The shifts of work are Rotating Days and Evenings from 08:00 to 16:13, 13:00 to 21:00.
About this location/unit:
Kamloops is located in a scenic valley in BC’s Thompson Okanagan Region at the junction of the North and South Thompson Rivers. It is British Columbia’s third largest city. Residents of this dynamic and growing community enjoy a unique combination of urban amenities and stunning natural surroundings. Kamloops boasts a Wild West history that includes the fur trade, the gold rush, and cattle ranching. Recreational amenities include everything from an art gallery and museum to several golf courses and numerous parks. Fishing, water sports, skiing, and mountain biking are among the numerous leisure pursuits enjoyed by residents.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Candidates must also hold a valid B.C. driver’s license
• Use of a personal vehicle may be required
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.