Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Casual Medical Clinic Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical support functions for physicians such as:
• Performs receptionist functions such as answering telephones, directing calls, responding to general inquiries, taking messages, receiving patients/visitors and directing to appropriate locations;
• Schedules and books outpatient appointments, arranges patient appointments for other physicians and/or treatment facilities and enters appointment information into computerized scheduling system;
• Obtains medical information required from patients and completes a variety of standard forms;
• Performs data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and databases;
• Performs record management duties related to physician activities;
• Types technical and non-technical material such as correspondence, reports, letters, medical billings, pamphlets, posters, manuals, memos from handwritten drafts or dictating machines;
• Requisitions diagnostic tests and procedures;
• Maintains established clinic inventory levels.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 16:00, 07:30 to 15:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please submit your High School Diploma, a 5 minute Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) and proof of Medical Terminology Course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.