Royal Inland Hospital is looking for a Casual Operating Room/Logistics/Purchasing Liaison to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Your High School Diploma
• Copies of recognized Accounting Courses;
• Your Resume indicating three years’ recent related experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
The Operating Room/Logistics/Purchasing Liaison acts as primary liaison between Perioperative Staff (including nursing, surgical, MDR, etc) and Interior Health Material Services/Logistics and Purchasing departments as well as Biomed, Pharmacy, and Plant Engineering in the research, ordering, procurement, and maintenance of specialized Operating Room (O.R.) Supplies and Equipment.
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Meet with designated perioperative staff to identify supply requirements as needed;
• Requisition loaner instruments and prostheses for surgery from vendors and the Purchasing Department.;
• Liaise with O.R./Materials Management/Purchasing and Sales representatives to arrange for product samples and/or trial and evaluation of supplies and/or equipment;
• Provide cost analysis/differentiation of related/comparable products;
• Monitor shipping dates and resolve shipping problems and expedite late deliveries of equipment by follow up with suppliers and the Purchasing department if goods do not arrive on time;
• Maintain Bone Bank requisitions, related documentation/information and supply catalogue files/reference library;
• Research O.R. specialty products/supplies and/or equipment for O.R. Staff using available resources;
• Liaise and assist O.R./Materials Management and Purchasing staff in the investigation of outstanding backorders, estimated time of arrival dates, returns of damaged goods, etc;
• Maintain any checklists/spreadsheets as required;
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of recognized accounting courses, Plus
• Three year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit your Grade 12 Diploma and copies of completed Accounting Courses
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.