Effective April 1, 2022, hourly rates of pay: $32.07 to $39.96
Fernie Health Centre has a Respiratory Therapist permanent, full time opening with Community Care focus.
In this role the Respiratory Therapist works within the hospital and community to deliver respiratory therapy services and programs related to Community Respiratory Therapy:
• Providing information, education, and/or home visits for patient and environment assessment for adults and children.
• Assists with care planning, discharge planning, follow-up, and support of respiratory patients.
• Provides family and caregiver training.
• Performs procedures such as arterial blood gas sampling, oximetry, portable lung function testing, sleep disordered breathing screening, and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy trials.
• Provides established smoking cessation programs for patients, health care staff and other community groups or individuals. Upon referral, provides individual counseling for smoking cessation.
• Assesses patients with respiratory limitations for appropriate home oxygen therapy and respiratory equipment.
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care.
Reasons to Join Interior Health:
• Eligible positions qualify for relocation support
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Generous paid vacation entitlement
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Employee pension plan
• Opportunities for career advancement
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy.
• Two years’ recent experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.