Permanent full-time Professional Practice Leader (PPL) MLT Grade 5 position based at the South Okanagan General Hospital in Oliver, B.C. The PPL is responsible for the administration, supervision and planning of Laboratory Services in Oliver, Princeton and Grand Forks communities. If you are a CSMLS-certified technologist with a passion for leading a strong team and rural lab services, then we encourage you to apply.
What will you work on
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, the PPL advises on budgets, workload, quality, labour relations and personnel. The PPL is responsible for interpreting and implementing all organizational regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Laboratory Services. The PPL ensures consistency with IH standards for the advancement of the organization’s goals and objectives to deliver quality healthcare effectively and efficiently. The PPL works closely with site leadership at the South Okanagan General Hospital, Boundary District Hospital and Princeton General Hospital on the provision of services within their site(s) and provides clinical guidance and leadership to lab personnel.
About this location
This position is based at the South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH). SOGH is an active, rural hospital serving the communities of Oliver, Osoyoos, and surrounding areas that sees an average of 16,000 emergency visits per year. There are 7 Emergency beds and 18 acute care beds which regularly operate at 100% capacity. This busy hospital is co-located with an 80-bed long-term care facility and also offers outpatient Lab services.
Just a short drive from Penticton, Osoyoos and the US border, the town of Oliver is located in a picturesque valley of orchards, vineyards, lakes and waterways in the heart of south-central British Columbia. Known as “The Capital of Wine Country” with a mild climate, relaxed lifestyle and scenic surroundings. Oliver is a wonderful residential location to call home, offering great outdoor recreation including hiking, cycling, canoeing, fishing and skiing.
Reasons to Apply
Interior Health offers so many great benefits and services! Relocation allowance, competitive pay plus shift premiums, the opportunity to work with a diverse team, generous employer-paid vacation, sick time, extended health & dental as well as learning and career development opportunities.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory Science training program. Current General Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS.
• Successful completion of a recognized formal management/leadership program.
• Successful completion of recognized laboratory science continuing education courses within the last 5 years.
• Minimum five years of related, progressive experience as a Technologist in a clinical laboratory of similar size and scope with at least 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the facility.
• Valid BC Drivers license required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.