Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Consultant, Data Analytics to join our Business Analytics team. The location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
What will you work on?
The Consultant, Data Analytics is responsible for supporting all data and analytics for decision support within a defined portfolio (customer). The Consultant will work closely with customer leaders enabling health system improvements through information and data analysis. In addition, the Consultant will be responsible for supporting customers both directly and indirectly on items associated with data quality, stewardship, interpretation of data, data documentation, visualization, and reporting.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides timely, relevant, reliable, and clear information with appropriate supporting data analyses and review of alternatives to inform planning and decision-making. This will include population, service utilization, outcomes analyses, operational and real-time data for use by internal and external stakeholders and partners.
2. Provides data analysis and interpretation using key data sources (population, clinical, organizational, operational and administrative) in response to customer requests include data linkage, descriptive information, statistical analyses, and statistical tests of significance.
3. Reviews planning and evaluation documents as well as plans for allocating resources and provides appropriate information and feedback on health services plan and program planning documents prepared by internal and external stakeholders. Information and feedback will include providing assistance with population and utilization data as well as feedback on planning assumptions.
4. Provides input and identifies opportunities for information support activities to Data & Analytics Services leadership. This will include providing suggestions and advice on important data development and future projects/analyses.
5. Develops a strong working relationship with customers, program Managers, Directors, Senior Executive members, Business Support, and others who require information for planning, managing, and evaluating services. Project support may include planning project deliverables and identifying data sources and appropriate methods to support data analyses, writing summary reports, and preparing presentations.
6. Responds to data and information requests from staff at all levels of the organization. Provides support and technical advice to staff on the use of data and information resources and analytics tools.
7. Works with provincial and national representatives on data and analytics projects. This may include working with the Canadian Institute for Health Information and Ministry of Health priority projects. The focus of this work will be to review key assumptions and methods, provide data, and assist with interpretation of findings.
8. Works with representatives of other Health Authorities and other data custodians to support data, analysis, interpretation, and reporting initiatives.
9. Provides advice, analysis, and recommendations on initiatives related to data collection, database development, and data extraction and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
10. Works with Data Services and Information Management/Information Technology and other IH staff to support timely, reliable, and consistent data reporting and analysis.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A post-secondary degree with completed course work in a health-related discipline, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of two years of experience in data management, linkage, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
• Preference will be given to a candidate with a strong health information management background including health records training.
• Experience working in a complex computerized environment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills due to the amount of communication required.
• Collaborative leadership in order to both work as a member of a team and provide leadership in developing partnerships amongst multiple stakeholders.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Starting salary is approximately from 65K to 80K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.