If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus two year's recent experience, proof of Medical Terminology Course and a current Typing Test of 30 wpm or greater, Vernon Community Care Health Services is looking for a Relief Part Time (33 hours per week) Home Support Scheduler.....Apply today!
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules by preparing and adjusting schedules in accordance with care plans and applicable collective agreements. Duties may include:
• Enter relevant service referrals and/or changes into computer system;
• Review client needs and matches Community Health Workers;
• Schedule assignments and notifies Community Health Workers of the assignment;
• Monitor, maintain and adjust Community Health Worker’s schedules to comply with Collective Agreement Language;
• Confirm appointments with the client;
• Confirm completion of client service to referral clinician;
• Perform general staffing and timekeeping functions;
• Verify any discrepancies between reported hours and hours shown on calendar.
Hours of work: Rotating Evenings – 14:00 to 22:00, 13:30 to 20:00 hours
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Come and join us!
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate program, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 30 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 30 wpm
• Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
• Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit an Office Administration Certificate, a current 5 minute Typing Test (minimum 30 wpm within past 48 months) from a recognized institution, and proof of Medical Terminology Course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit an Office Administration Certificate, current Typing Test (min. 30 wpm in past 48 months), and proof of Medical Terminology Course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.