Castlegar Home Support is looking for Casual Home Support Schedulers - if you hold an Office Administration Certificate plus two year's recent experience and a current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 30wpm or greater....Apply today!
The Home Support Scheduler is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules. Duties may include:
• Receiving service referrals and changes;
• Reviewing client needs and matches Community Health Workers based on suitability, geographic location, and skills required;
• Schedules, monitors, maintains and adjusts Community Health Worker’s schedules and client appointments;
• Confirms completion of client service to referral clinician;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evenings – 05:30 to 13:30, 06:30 to 14:30, 12:00 to 20:00 hours.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team!
Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Come and join us!
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Program, plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 30wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type 30 wpm
• Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
• Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
**Along with your CV (resume), Please submit an Office Administration Certificate and a current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 30wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted). Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
*Please submit an Office Administration Certificate and a 5 minute Typing Test from an approved institution (min. 30 wpm within past 48 months)*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.