East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Relief Full Time Switchboard Operator / Receptionist. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Proof of working knowledge of Medical Terminology;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Participates in various emergency procedures;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas and checks valuables into the safe;
• Patient registration – admitting duties, arranging escorts for patients, preparing identity armbands, cards and admitting forms;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for admissions and patient count.
Hours of work: Rotating, Days, Evenings, Nights – 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 22:00 to 06:00 hours.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• One year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment ((i.e. computer hard and software such as Windows, MS Office etc).
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with patients, visitors and employees in an effective manner.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
*Please submit your High School Diploma, a 5 min typing certificate (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) and proof of Medical Terminology knowledge.*
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.