Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in beautiful Vernon, B.C. If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a RELIEF PART-TIME (0.68 FTE) OPPORTUNITY until June 30, 2024 or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:00 to 19:15, 19:00 to 07:15 hours.
About this location/unit:
VJH: The VJH Emergency department offers 26 beds plus two trauma rooms and two secure rooms and is located in the new Polson Tower. Our bright, spacious ED has been developed with consideration for privacy, confidentiality, infection control measures and features state-of-the-art technology in equipment (i.e. cardiac monitoring, diagnostic imaging in our trauma room, negative pressure isolation rooms), communication devices (Vocera, nurse call system), and other care delivery processes (pneumatic tube system, Rapid Assessment Zone, and Minor Treatment Area).
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.