Permanent full-time Professional Practice Leader (PPL) position based at the Lillooet Hospital & Health Centre in Lillooet, B.C. This is an MLT Grade IV position, responsible for the administration, supervision and planning of Laboratory Services in the communities of Lillooet, Lytton, Ashcroft, Logan Lake and Merritt. If you are a CSMLS-certified technologist with a passion for leading a strong team and rural lab services, then we encourage you to apply.
What will you work on
Reporting to the Laboratory Director, the PPL advises on budgets, workload, quality, labour relations and personnel. The PPL is responsible for interpreting and implementing all organizational regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Laboratory Services. The PPL ensures consistency with IH standards for the advancement of the organization’s goals and objectives to deliver quality healthcare effectively and efficiently. The PPL works closely with site leadership in Lillooet, Lytton, Ashcroft, Logan Lake and Merritt on the provision of services within their site(s) and provides clinical guidance and leadership to lab personnel.
About this location
Lillooet Hospital & Health Centre is a level 1 community hospital offering a 24/7, 5-bed emergency department, and 6 inpatient beds in addition to medical, palliative, maternity and part-time operating room. The hospital is co-located with the Mountain View Lodge long-term care facility. The site offers multi-disciplinary allied health and community health services.
Steeped in history, culture and tradition, the rural mountain town of Lillooet is located on the unceded territory of the St’at’imc Nation. Known for its semi-desert climate, this area enjoys dry summers and milder winters, with no shortage of exhilarating or relaxing outdoor activities available. Situated amongst spectacular scenery, Lillooet is within easy driving distance of Kamloops, Williams Lake, Whistler and 250km northeast of Vancouver.
Reasons to Apply
Interior Health offers so many great benefits and services! Relocation allowance, competitive pay plus shift premiums, the opportunity to work with a diverse team, generous employer-paid vacation, sick time, extended health & dental as well as learning and career development opportunities.
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory Science training program. Current General Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS.
• Successful completion of a recognized formal management/leadership program.
• Successful completion of recognized laboratory science continuing education courses within the last 5 years.
• Minimum five years of related, progressive experience as a Technologist in a clinical laboratory of similar size and scope with at least 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the facility.
• Valid BC Drivers license required.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.