Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is seeking a permanent part time (.50 FTE) Communications Coordinator to join their amazing team!
The worksite location for this position is flexible and can be located within British Columbia.
What will you work on?
The Communications Coordinator works collaboratively to support various projects and initiatives of the Directors within the Communications and Culture portfolio. The Coordinator prepares and distributes media monitoring reports, marketing and website analytics, and other tracking tools and provides coordination, logistics, and support to the department’s projects and programs including events. The Coordinator works with Communications & Culture leadership, health authority staff, and stakeholders to develop and implement key actions that help to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Provides administrative and project management services to the Communications and Culture leadership team in the delivery of projects and initiatives to support execution of the portfolio work plan.
• Coordinates and prepares communications materials, including compiling of media monitoring, letters, articles, website content, and writes presentations for the public and audiences such as elected officials, dignitaries, and health authority staff and medical staff.
• Plans, coordinates and facilitates the development of program calendars and tracking sheets including digital marketing metrics and website analytics, working with communications leadership and team members to ensure program campaigns and deliverables are on track and reported out.
• Under the leadership of the Director, works with team members to schedule social media and digital marketing content to support strategic communication and marketing plans. Provides support to the IH web team with routine updates to the public website when as directed.
• Assists individual departments with display materials for departmental initiatives, and the preparation and editing of communication products to ensure consistency with corporate policy.
• Utilizes project documentation tools, organizational systems and processes, and presentation software to support planning, decision-making, evaluation, and creation of summary reports.
• Provides input and assists in work processes related to quality improvement. Collaborates with colleagues to streamline and optimize operational processes and procedures.
• Sources appropriate venues and negotiates contracts with hotels, venues and suppliers, arranging event space, accommodation, catering, AV, evening receptions, printing, signage, table set-ups and other on-site logistics.
• Works in collaboration with the Executive Assistant, Communications and Engagement to coordinate all administrative logistics for meetings, events, engagement sessions, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and the creation of supporting materials. Takes minutes and maintains accurate records, following-up on decisions made and ensuring required action is initiated.
• Performs other program and project related duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
If you are looking to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Diploma in a field such as Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline.
• Three (3) years of recent, related experience. Previous experience in large organizations or knowledge of the health care operating environment are an asset.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, with demonstrated results in coordinating communications will also be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with all levels of leadership and staff in the organization as well as external stakeholders and the general public
• Ability to optimize departmental effectiveness and contribute to organizational success by applying excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments and schedule activities
• Experience with both small- and large-scale engagement and event planning and onsite management required
• Experience with website, social media and digital marketing platforms, metrics and analytics considered an asset
• Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations, and ability to perform web-based searches and research
• Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems
• Ability to work independently in a team environment, effectively organize own workload, and multitask to meet a variety of deadlines. Demonstrated ability to plan and set priorities
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all staff within the organization, committee chairs, and various external agencies and organizations
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating, and summarizing information, data, and records
• Ability to accommodate some evening and early morning meetings
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Starting salary is approximately from $54,429 to $61,232 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.