Sparwood Health Centre has a Respiratory Therapist permanent, full time opening with both a Community Care and a Primary Care focus.
With this opportunity comes a relocation allowance for new applicants seeking to join Interior Health and eligibility to apply for reimbursement of registration or membership fees through the Health Sciences Association.
What We Offer:
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
• Relocation Allowance
• Comprehensive employer-paid benefits package
• Continuing education opportunities
• Access to our in-house learning and development centre
• Job stability and generous vacation entitlement
• Team environment
• Employee Health and Wellness programs
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Providing information, education, and/or home visits for patient and environment assessment for adults and children.
• Assists with care planning, discharge planning, follow-up, and support of respiratory patients.
• Provides family and caregiver training.
• Performs procedures such as arterial blood gas sampling, oximetry, portable lung function testing, sleep disordered breathing screening, and Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy trials.
• Provides established smoking cessation programs for patients, health care staff and other community groups or individuals. Upon referral, provides individual counseling for smoking cessation.
• Assesses patients with respiratory limitations for appropriate home oxygen therapy and respiratory equipment.
Functions within a medical team-based primary care model at the community health service level where family physicians, other primary care providers, and allied health care providers work together to meet the health needs of their local community. The Primary Care Team structure is designed to be holistic, person-centred, culturally safe and responsive to individuals’ needs where providers work to an optimized scope of practice. Over time may also be working from and seeing patients in private family physician clinics and seeing patients in their own homes.
Days of work Monday to Friday. Travel and short notice change of work location for the day, is required with this position. We offer a supportive environment via our Regional Respiratory Therapy support system of Primary Care network and Community Respiratory Therapists within Interior Health and within the East Kootenays.
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy and two years’ recent and relevant experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid driver’s license.
BC Loan Forgiveness Program - Recent graduates in select in-demand occupations can have their BC student loans forgiven by agreeing to work in rural communities. Check out the program details to see if you’re eligible.
Effective April 2023 hourly rates of pay: $36.35 to $45.38
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.