We are seeking a casual Pharmacist to join our Kelowna General Hospital Pharmacy Team.
A hospital residency program is not required for this position.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
What will you work on?
As a staff Pharmacist you will provide distribution pharmacy services by performing duties such as:
• Interpreting medication orders/prescriptions, assessing prescriptions for therapeutic suitability and ensuring that medications are efficiently and accurately dispensed and/or compounded, labeled and that dispensing records are complete.
• Communicate with physicians, patients, and/or other health care team members for prescription clarification and problem resolution.
• Provide instructions on proper use/administration, storage and/or disposal, and possible side effects of prescribed and self-selected medications.
• Participate in the collection of data for medication use evaluation projects; implementation of dispensary based medication safety initiatives, and quality control activities.
• Contributes to internal publications and participates in clinical drug trials in accordance with established standards and procedures.
How Will You Create Impact?
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, this position assesses and recommends individualized treatments. Acts as the primary resource for drug information, education and provides expert advice to health care professionals.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities and you work alongside within a very supportive Pharmacy team!
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.