We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Workforce Planning and Optimization within our HR Operations & Workforce Strategy team.
About the role:
The Manager, Workforce Planning and Optimization is responsible for providing leadership for research, planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating optimized workforce services. The Manager is a key strategic partner for Operations, Human Resources, Finance and other Interior Health and provincial groups for supporting and enabling the achievement of Interior Health’s strategic priorities and goals.
This critical role is responsible for the delivery of effective workforce strategies that meet the operational and strategic health human resource needs of Interior Health and oversees the workforce planning, innovation and strategy functions to ensure the delivery of effective and sustainable solutions. The Manager is also responsible for the planning, development and implementation of rotation services, and ensures employee schedules are optimized to meet service delivery requirements and to enable effective recruitment and retention. They also work with unions to ensure collective agreement compliance and develop and approve rotation agreements.
The Manager is accountable for the overall day to day management of the department including the direct management of people and resources, providing consistent, customer-focused services with a high level of customer satisfaction.
Some Typical Duties:
• Provides leadership to the department, including the direct management of people and resources, using effective management and communication techniques: coaches and mentors staff to foster a healthy and respectful work environment, enables developmental opportunities, investigates issues, and facilitates problem resolution.
• Supports the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of organizational strategies for optimizing workforce utilization.
• Leads the development and implementation of research and data driven solutions for improving key workforce metrics, including overtime, sick, vacancies, relief not found, workload, vacation, recruitment, retention and other related metrics.
• Provides leadership to working groups, project teams and agile teams in the development and implementation of workforce optimization work plans and project plans.
• Provides ongoing evaluation and reporting of workforce optimization strategies and metrics.
• Accountable for the delivery of workforce innovation services to customers; providing in-depth workforce data analysis leveraging both descriptive and predictive models.
• Provides leadership, advice, and support to all stakeholders in implementing timely and effective rotations that align with operational requirements and organizational priorities.
• Works with unions to ensure compliance with applicable collective agreements and to develop and approve rotations agreements
• Responsible for the development and delivery of education and training to customers and stakeholders.
• Ensures workforce services support and align with organizational goals, strategies and initiatives.
• Collaborates and communicates with leaders across the organization and province, including unions, other Health Authorities, the Ministry of Health and other key partners. Represents Interior Health workforce services at internal and provincial committees.
• Responsible for recruitment, training, performance management, attendance management, and discipline measures for direct reports.
• Accountable for developing and recommending the annual operating and capital budget for the department; monitors activities, variance analysis and reporting to ensure expenditures are within approved budgets; and identifies efficiencies that promotes the optimal use of resources.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage and paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
* This is a term-specific posting (estimated 12-15 months).
Education, Training, and Experience
• Education training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a relevant field such as Health Services Administration, Human Resources, Business Administration, Economics, Health Information Sciences or relevant health care discipline.
• Seven (7) year's recent, related experience including change management initiatives or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis along with experience and education in project management are important assets to this role. Experience with staffing models and schedule optimization is an asset.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
*Please note the salary range is under review.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.