Interior Health is seeking a reliable and flexible Registered Nurse to join our Medical/Telemetry team at Penticton Regional Hospital in beautiful Penticton, B.C.
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a PERMANENT FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITY.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
The city of Penticton is located in BC’s scenic south central region in the Okanagan Valley. With its mild climate, easy accessibility, urban amenities and world-class recreational opportunities, it offers an attractive lifestyle. Boating, windsurfing, hiking and skiing are among the numerous outdoor leisure pursuits enjoyed here.
Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 158 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services are provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery, and recent spinal cord injury care. This is a great place to experience a variety of medical and surgical nursing units and build and expand your nursing skills.
SP3 is situated in the South Pavilion of the PRH campus located close to the ICU. SP3 is a 21 bed Med/TELE unit - with telemetry monitoring capability of up to 15 patients. Patient population generally consists of cardiac, stroke and higher acuity patients given there monitoring capability, nursing ratios and proximity to the ICU.
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employer paid vacation
• Insurance premiums 100% paid by Interior Health
• Medical Services Plan
• Extended Health Coverage
• Dental Health Coverage
• Pension Plan
See why Interior Health is a Top 100 BC employer!
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$57.78
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.