Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is seeking a Coordinator, MDR Operations to join our team!
What will you work on?
The Coordinator participates as a member of the Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) management team in the strategic and operations planning and development of policies and procedures for the program and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational requirements of the assigned area within the program. The Coordinator supervises staff including making determinations on selection and discipline, providing leadership, mentoring and guiding team members, and coordinating related training and orientation. The Coordinator interacts regularly with personnel at all levels in the organization including Directors, Managers, and physicians regarding MDR services and operational activities and communicates with key internal and external stakeholders, committees, and task groups, as required, for conducting daily business and achieving program goals and objectives. The Coordinator strives to enhance MDR service delivery for the facility and overall Health Authority, participates in quality assurance activities, and provides input into the budget for the assigned area.
Some Key Duties may include:
1. Coordinates activities of assigned MDR team(s) by establishing and communicating priorities and overseeing activities.
2. Assures compliance with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations regarding supplies and equipment processed. Collaborates with colleagues and co-workers at other IH locations to ensure standardization and consistency.
3. Liaises with personnel at all levels in the organization, including Directors, Managers, and physicians, and outside agencies to communicate policies and procedures and provide maximum service delivery. Ensures appropriate documentation is established to solicit input needed to support program/service delivery and/or plans and represents the program on committees.
4. Provides leadership and guidance to staff using effective management techniques (e.g., coaching, mentoring, skill and leadership development, and performance management) to support the achievement of required outcomes and ensure adherence to accreditation, regulatory, and safety standards.
5. Maintains fiscal accountability by collecting and monitoring necessary fiscal and utilization data. Provides input into departmental budget.
6. Provides input into appropriate reprocessing locations and transfer requirements for sterile instrumentation and the routines for safe decontamination and soiled return-transfer requirements.
7. Implements systems to ensure the proper processing of equipment, materials, and supplies and a preventative maintenance program for equipment.
8. Participates in quality improvement, risk management, and infection control activities for MDR and facilitates implementation of approved modifications and evaluation of process effectiveness to ensure optimal use of organizational resources and safe delivery of patient care.
9. Acts as a change agent within the service, fostering an environment of innovation and critical thinking.
10. Maintains a positive and productive work environment respecting the value of an interdisciplinary team approach to the provision of health services. Promotes the creation of a quality work environment.
11. Identifies the educational needs of staff in the provision of MDR service. Ensures the appropriate mechanisms are in place to support staff in the provision of quality service delivery. Communicates with educational personnel regarding identified needs and collaboratively plans opportunities for professional development.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
If you are an experienced leader and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Certification in Sterile Processing from an accredited educational institute.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Nursing, Microbiology).
• Three to five years of recent, related OR/MDR experience including teaching with three years of recent, related management experience in an acute healthcare setting.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Current practicing membership with the applicable professional college as appropriate.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals and groups while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of IH.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
• Excellent negotiation skills in order to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Defines own continuing education needs and maintains competency through reading literature, management workshops, seminars, and available educational offerings.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.