Who are we looking for?
Do you have leadership experience in health care, government, public sector, non-for-profit or large, complex systems? We are seeking a Manager, Budgets and Financial Planning to join our team! We are looking for a candidate who has strong leadership, team work and interpersonal skills in a fast-paced environment.
What will you work on?
The Manager, Budgets and Financial Planning is responsible to implement, maintain and standardize the financial aspects of Interior Health’s budget and financial planning including responsibility for IH’s annual budget management plan, budgeting process, and to provide strategic direction and guidance for strategic financial planning.
As a member of the Business Strategy Leadership team and the wider Financials Services Leadership Team, the Manager provides leadership within and around financial planning in order to facilitate the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of Interior Health in accordance with the organization’s values. The Manager provides input and makes recommendations to the Corporate Directors, Directors and Managers within Business Operations, Business Strategy and Controller portfolios on financial and budgetary issues as they relate to both the strategic direction and day-to-day operations across IH.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Responsible for all internal and external reporting and approval requirements as it relates to the annual budget and related activities. These will include but not limited to briefing notes to SET and the Board regarding budgeting methodology, investment requests, annual budget approval, collaboration with internal stakeholders (i.e.: health systems planning, enterprise risk management on strategic reporting requirements.
• Ensures strong integration of information and issue management between both the planning aspects of financial services and reporting. This includes accountability for managing an effective forecasting mechanism to assist senior executives’ ability to adjust resources and commit resources toward organizational priorities.
• Maintains the budget program (Budget Tracker) including communication, education and updating.
• Develops and maintains policies, principles and processes surrounding IH budgeting, funding allocation and reporting.
• Leads or participates in initiatives related to strategy, standardization and improvement.
• Participates in strategic planning processes and projects that have IH-wide impact and require consultation with other jurisdictions and senior executive.
• Oversees processes that set organizational priorities and allocate resources toward the delivery of those priorities (for both operating and capital revenues/expenditures).
• Provides guidance and recommendations on allocations of resources and is accountable for allocating approved resources and remedial strategies.
• Develops and maintains policies, principles, and processes to assist in the management of resource allocation, service provider contracts, and strategic planning.
• Develops strong liaison with the Ministry of Health for financial budgeting, reporting, and other requirements, as needed.
• Develops strong liaisons with Managers, Directors and Corporate Directors.
• Provides direction and leadership the Corporate Director Business Strategy, VP and CFO and Financial Services leadership team, including Business Operations, Contracted Services, Capital Finance and Controller teams.
• Guides and mentors team members.
• Manages staffing functions including daily assignment, recruitment, hiring, ongoing development, performance management, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, and termination, as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced leader and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a great working environment, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• CPA or a Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. MBA, MHA) with appropriate level of accounting background
• Seven to ten years of recent, relevant experience
• Management experience would be an asset
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, direct, manage, implement, organize, and problem-solve.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and lead within a team environment.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to facilitate, negotiate, and persuade others both internal and external to the organization, often in stressful environments.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly-dynamic, fast-paced, and continually-changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize information and manage complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact, and diplomacy.
• Self-directed with effective organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to creatively problem-solve with a global perspective in order to incorporate the organization’s systems and strategies when developing viable solutions to problems.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 92K to 104K and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.