Rocky Mountain Lodge in Cranbrook, B.C. is seeking a Casual Patient Ambassador to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, plus one year's recent experience....Apply today!
What will you work on?
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
• Identifies if a visit is essential by communicating with all people who present at points of entry for the assigned entrance or site by following the script and documentation provided for the role.
• Explains Interior Health entrance restrictions as required and asks self-assessment questions.
• Provides direction to essential patients and the public regarding the locations of various departments and services.
• Follows established communication channels to raise concerns to site leadership.
• Cultivates as safe an environment as possible for those entering the facility, while still adhering to infection prevention protocols and directions, violence prevention, and cultural safety training.
• Maintains records on visitor admissions as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position works Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:30.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
**Please note that this opportunity is not expected to extend past December 31, 2022.
How will you create impact?
Patient Ambassadors supports the safety of patient and their families and staff, by communicating information about visitor limits in a thoughtful and informative manner.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
These are casual opportunities. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking individuals with experience working in a variety of industries willing to bring their transferrable skills to Interior Health. If you have Grade 12 plus one year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education and training apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Community Profile Nestling on sloping plains, Cranbrook faces the Purcell Mountains to the west and the Rockies to the north and east. With mild winters and more sunshine hours than any other BC city, Cranbrook has become a favoured spot to work, play, retire or raise a family.
Education, Training and Experience
Grade 12, one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
*This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.