Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Permanent Full Time Cashier to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
This position receives, records and accounts for payments and donations received and performs clerical duties related to the accounting function, such as:
• Receives and records payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts;
• Receives, records and balances cash from internal operations;
• Balances cash daily against receipts and prepares bank deposits and cash reports; balances cash journals and/or summary sheets;
• Prepares journal entry for cash receipts total, balances the total of bank deposits and enters into the General Ledger system;
• Assists patients in completing forms for extended benefit plans;
• Prepares cheque requisitions for reimbursement to physicians for payments received on their behalf.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:30 to 15:30
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Plus one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience,
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (Non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Please submit a Typing Test (min. 45 wpm within past 48 months) from a recognized institution.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.