Kootenay Boundary Hospital in Trail is looking for a Relief Part Time Clerk (approx. 19 hours per week) to support the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQUIP). This position provides data entry and clerical functions related to patient information for the department and NSQIP program. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Proof of a Medical Terminology certificate from a recognized institution;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of data entry and clerical duties such as:
• Reviews patient records, looks up pre-surgery laboratory values, and enters patient and demographic information into a computerized information system;
• Contacts physician offices by telephone or fax to obtain patient information in accordance with standardized procedures and receives reports, types/inputs information as required.;
• Provides Patient follow-up thirty (30) days following surgery. Enters data and advises supervisor of any concerns/anomalies;
• Performs clerical duties for the department such as maintaining patient records, surgical results/outcomes and filing results as appropriate according to established procedures. Pulls up OR Validation Sheets for an eight (8) day cycle add files results as appropriate;
• Performs receptionist duties for the department such as answering the telephones, providing information, ordering supplies as directed and relaying messages;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Days – 08:00 to 14:45 hours.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
• Completion of a Medical Terminology course.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit a typing certificate (minimum 45 wpm within past 48 months) from an approved institution, and proof of a Medical Terminology certifica
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.