Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is seeking a Manager, P3 Operations to join their Facility Management Operations team!
How will you create an impact?
This position is integral to managing P3 Operations, as this position is responsible for ensuring the contracted service providers and direct reports are focused on meeting the needs of KGH (including IHSC) & VJH. The Manager, P3 Operations enables the team to meet their obligations with oversight and relationship management of the Project Company responsible for providing services at the Facility.
What will you work on?
The Manager, P3 Operations is responsible for supporting the Director in maximizing value and minimizing risk in the relationships with P3 partners. The Manager is responsible for proactive supervision of the relationship with the P3 partners, ensuring that services are provided to the contracted level and to the satisfaction of the hospital stakeholders. The Manager is responsible for administering the legal, financial, and operations matters within the related P3 contracts including quality oversight, performance management, applying appropriate penalties, and negotiating all amendments. The Manager has direct leadership over technical and administrative staff in the P3 Operations team, and liaises with senior internal and external stakeholders including Finance, Communications, Support Services, and government and provincial P3 representatives.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Manages the administration of legal, financial, and operations matters of assigned projects and their respective Project Agreements.
• Oversees the performance of the P3 contractor(s) including the application of penalties.
• Manages the development, operation, and direction of contracts by working with external contractors, external funders and other stakeholders, internal managers, administrators, and staff.
• Leads the executive committee between Interior Health (IH) and the P3 contractor(s) and is responsible for decisions made and amendments negotiated with regard to the contract and/or the contractor service.
• Recruits, hires, disciplines, and terminates staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to staff, completes performance evaluations and prepares staff development, training and succession plans.
• Represents P3 Facilities Management and Operations on site leadership teams, participates as a standing member on Site Steering committees at all assigned sites, and acts as the liaison between site administration and the private partner.
• Liaises with IH Executive, provincial P3 stakeholders, and senior community stakeholders with regard to the P3 contract(s).
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced leader and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in a large, complex, unionized environment.
• Public Private Partnership contract experience is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project. Knowledge of documentation management systems, such as Aconex, is an asset.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to analyze an issue and provide recommendations for action.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in IH and with outside partners.
• Ability to lead projects and work independently.
• Flexible and willing to support the team where deemed necessary by the Director.
• Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to deal with a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 92K to 104K and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.