Interior Health’s Contract Services Department in Vernon, BC is looking for a Relief Full Time Contract Advisor to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Diploma in Business or Accounting;
• Your Resume indicating three years’ recent contract experience, and progressive experience working in a complex computerized environment, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
The Contract Advisor is responsible for liaising with the Program Managers, Ministry of Health Services, British Columbia Health Care Risk Management Society, other Ministries, contractors and Interior Health staff on all aspects of contract management. The Contract Advisor’s typical duties include:
• Provides input to and makes recommendations on the contract management process.
• Provides advice on contract management policies and procedures and acts as a liaison between the Interior Health staff, ministries and contractors.
• Reviews contracts (new, amendments & renewals) for Interior Health staff.
• Coordinates and monitors the processes governing all Interior Health Service Provider contracts to ensure compliance with government and Interior Health policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Prepares and submits Master Insurance Program applications.
• Develops and maintains the Interior Health Service Provider contract database
• Batches and posts journal entries for contract accruals and reversal entries and any necessary adjustments for each period.
• Generates and reconciles the Contract Summary Reports.
• Trains Interior Health staff in utilizing the contract templates, and understanding of contract process
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 16:00.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Successful completion of a Diploma in Business or Accounting, Plus
• Three year’s recent related contract experience, with progressive experience working in a complex computerized environment; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Knowledge of contact management and accounting procedures
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work both independently and accept work guidance.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload.
• Ability to operate related equipment and software applications such as Excel, Meditech, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Ministry of Health’s Information Management System.
• Ability to exercise tact, good judgement and confidentiality.
• Ability to be flexible in dealing with a variety of tasks and priorities.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit your High School Diploma and Diploma in Business or Accounting**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.