Interior Health is hiring a permanent full time Administrative Assistant/Medical Administrative Assistant to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Nursing Administration team at the Elk Valley Hospital (EVH) located in Fernie, BC.
Who are we looking for?
This is a ‘hands-on’ role, so, along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
What will you work on?
The Administrative Assistant/Medical Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions for the Fernie, Sparwood and Elkford site management, under the direction of the site Director. Position also provides confidential administrative support functions for the the Chief of Staff office under the direction of the Coordinator, Medical Administration. The Administrative Assistant/Medical Administrative Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information and performs routine administrative duties for the management and medical staff at the sites.
Some responsibilities include coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; and designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
About this location/unit
The Elk Valley Hospital is a busy and challenging level one community hospital set in the picturesque heart of the rockies, Fernie. EVH serves as a hub for the South Country and for the Primary and Community Health Centre’s in the neighboring communities of Sparwood and Elkford, respectively.
Staff and physicians enjoy the professional and recreational opportunities they share with their colleagues as the Elk Valley boasts world class skiing, biking, fishing and hiking to name a few.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, competitive salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Come and join us!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Diploma and graduation from a relevant administrative or business support program.
• Three to five years of experience in an administrative support position, including experience working with various computer software programs.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Superior computer and technical skills are essential.
• Proficient with computer software including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to operate videoconferencing, teleconferencing, and related equipment.
• Superior written and verbally communication abilities.
• Ability to organize high volume workload and set priorities.
• Demonstrated customer-focused approach.
• Ability to develop effective relationships with IH staff at all levels, as well as with external agencies and physicians.
• Demonstrated collaborative team approach with communication skills appropriate to handling complex relationships.
• Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges and opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively.
• Ability to influence change and handle conflict.
• Independent problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 42K to 50K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.