Have you completed a Hospital Pharmacy Residency program and licensure with the College of Pharmacists of B.C.? Are you looking to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance your career? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity for you!
We are seeking a casual Clinical Pharmacist to join our Royal Inland Hospital Pharmacy Team in beautiful Kamloops, B.C.
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide clinical pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will assess and recommend individualized treatments. This position acts as the primary resource for drug information, education and provides expert advice to health care professionals. The duties will require you to monitor drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs. Additionally, this position maintains workload records and statistics.
Shifts are rotating days and evenings from 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 10:00 to 18:00, 15:00 to 23:00
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! Apply Today!
• Current registration as a pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of hospital experience and recognized advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.