Interior Health is looking for a term specific full time Human Resources Business Partner to join our dynamic team! This position provides advice, guidance, consultation coaching, facilitating, and co-coordination of a wide range of operational Human Resource matters within the assigned portfolio.
The term for this position is until February 28, 2023 or return of the incumbent. This position offers a flexible worksite and can be located anywhere within our Interior Health region.
About the Role:
Acting as a change agent the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides strategic employee and labour relations perspective, advice, guidance and support on innovative and cost effective business and workforce optimization strategies and plans for an assigned client portfolio through effective consultation, coaching, risk/impact analysis, facilitating, and coordinating and collaborating with and a wide range of key IH business support services including Finance, Workforce Planning and Innovation, Employee Experience, Employee and Labour Relations, Recruitment, Organizational Development, and Staffing Services.
To fulfill the role as described, the HRBP must be knowledgeable in the full scope of the business of HR, IH strategic objectives and business drivers/priorities of the assigned portfolio to enable Interior Health to achieve its business objectives in a dynamic environment at times undergoing system or transformative change.
Some Key Duties may include:
• In partnership with leadership, assesses and evaluates current business delivery and workforce utilization models. Reviews and analyzes relevant information, data and performance metrics and identifies/recommends opportunities for innovative enhancement strategies/plans and practical solutions that will provide for cost effective business delivery and quality improvement models and an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, empowerment, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
• Conducts labour impact analysis of proposed business and workforce optimization strategies, providing feedback, options and/or recommendations for implementation plans and mitigating strategies. Interprets, consults and advises leadership on collective agreement administration, HR policies, and other relevant legislation in the planning, implementation of same. Engages and collaborates with Labour Relations as required. Develops and maintains effective communication/working relationships with local and district union representatives in the implementation of planned changes and represents the Employer in proactively problem-solving and mediating arising issues or disputes. Solicits leadership feedback and collaborates with Labour Relations to identify issues in preparation for bargaining.
• Engages, and works collegially and collaboratively with Finance, Workforce Planning and Workforce Innovation, Employee Experience, Organizational Development, Employee Experience, Recruitment, and Staffing Services in developing workforce planning, recruitment, staffing, succession planning, and change and transition strategies that support organizational change, capacity, renewal and effectiveness. Partners with/supports leadership in the development of competency and equivalency frameworks to provide for standardization and quality of hiring practices. Coaches, guides, and supports leadership on difficult /complex / high risk recruitment matters as required
• Establishes and maintains accessible and visible client relations through membership at leadership tables and through regular individual meetings to support leadership decision-making.
• Produces related reports and correspondence.
• Facilitates or conducts related information, training and education sessions as appropriate.
• Other related duties as may be assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a total compensation package! We have one of the best benefit package and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage. We also offer an attractive (defined benefit) employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• An undergraduate degree in an area of HR and/or Business, combined with a minimum of five years of recent experience in HR, preferably in a unionized environment
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (e.g., a non-related degree / diploma and experience, in combination with a professional designation (CHRP) will be considered).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to think strategically, innovatively and systematically.
• Ability to act as a change agent.
• Relationship, influence and consensus building skills.
• Coaching and facilitation skills.
• A high level of analytical and evaluative skills.
• A high level of investigative and problem solving skills.
• Team building skills.
• Negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
• Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations: labour, workplace health and safety, human rights, and employment standards.
• Project planning knowledge and skills to lead or participate on strategic initiatives/projects.
• Leadership training.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.