Golden and District Hospital is looking for a Casual Switchboard / Cashier / Registration / Health Records Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of switchboard, patient registration, health records, cashier and inventory duties, such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
• Receives and directs patients and visitors;
• Health records – pull and assemble charts/files, identify and process corrections, receive and process requests for release of information, review completed charts for accuracy, maintain statistics and health record tracking systems;
• Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Maintains physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Patient registration;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Maintains supply inventory by ordering stock and non-stock items for acute and residential care;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers, opening and redirecting incoming mail, and maintaining filing systems.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• One year recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted).
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
**Please submit a High School Diploma and a 5 min Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within past 48 months) from an approved institution**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.