Who are we looking for?
Interior Health is seeking a Energy Analyst to join their team at Reid’s Corner in Kelowna BC!
How will you create an impact?
This position will help the organization meet its goals for energy management and greenhouse gas emissions reduction, contributing to a low-carbon future by reducing building emissions 50% by the year 2030.
What will you work on?
The Energy Analyst performs technical analysis to understand energy use patterns, building equipment and systems, and energy savings opportunities. This work leads to the implementation of energy-efficiency projects and participation in incentive and rebate programs that result in energy and cost savings for the organization. The Energy Analyst supports Facilities Management & Operations teams with project and technical leadership in the area of energy management.
The Energy Analyst acts as a technical resource to review existing building management systems and equipment, conduct energy billing analyses, help establish data collection processes for understanding building energy equipment and automation systems, benchmark performance, and report on energy performance and greenhouse gas emissions.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Identifies, prioritizes, and supports projects that result in natural gas and electricity savings, including measurement and verification of results.
• Determines utility rebates and programs (e.g. FortisBC prescriptive rebates) that may benefit the organization and help meet energy and GHG emissions reduction targets.
• Creates quarterly reports through data analysis to inform project identification and selection processes that will result in natural gas and electricity savings.
• Organizes/analyzes data and identifies opportunities for reducing natural gas and electricity use, and to inform operational changes that can result in natural gas and electricity savings.
• Uploads and verifies monthly utility data in the Asset Planner database for portfolio of facilities
• Perform annual reporting of greenhouse gas emissions, with quarterly updates and projections.
• Structures, organizes and analyzes data points including but not limited to meter data, billing data and consumption information for natural gas and electricity, and building management systems.
• Establishes ongoing processes for permanent data collection within the organization.
• Project Management including working with consultants and contractors on energy assessments, design development and project implementation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
Asset management Trend logging Recommissioning
Meter data management Benchmarking Portfolio evaluation
HVAC optimization Building controls optimization Utility billing analysis
How will we help you grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, applied science, business, computer science, math or data analytics.
• Qualified candidates must also possess one of the following:
o Certified Energy Manager Certificate through the Canadian Institute for Energy Training
o Sustainable Energy Management Advanced Certificate (SEMAC) through BCIT
o Master’s degree in clean energy, sustainability, or planning
• 3-5 years related work experience.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience successfully working in a team environment
• An interest in energy efficiency demonstrated through qualifications, work experience, or volunteering
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to lead, facilitate, and gain consensus with others
• Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills (experience with delivering reports and presenting numerical, financial and statistical information)
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel or equivalent
• Experience with Visual Basic programming or equivalent
• Experience with Energy Star Portfolio Manager, RETScreen, or other energy analysis software
• Experience with building controls, HVAC, building science, or green buildings is considered an asset
• Class 5 BC Driver’s license and the ability to travel
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Starting salary is approximately $61,718 to $88,720 and will be based on education, training and experience
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.