If you are interested in expanding your career opportunities and join an amazing organization with excellent benefits, we have a position for you! Interior Health is seeking a Business Consultant to join our Finance - Business Support Team in Kelowna, B.C.
The Okanagan's largest and liveliest population centre, Kelowna, is one of Canada's most popular vacation destinations and home of the legendary Ogopogo, the Okanagan’s own version of the Loch Ness Monster. With such a perfect lakeshore community, it is easy to believe that Kelowna is known to some as the Summer City. Summer smiles and glistening water year round will entice you to explore this amazing community. If you enjoy water sports - sailing, house boating, kayaking, windsurfing and fishing - you may never want to leave Kelowna. Downtown Kelowna offers a spectacular landscape of lake, mountains and parks, with a wide range of cafés, continental and ethnic restaurants and noisy nightclubs to choose from as well as unique shops and boutiques, heritage buildings and modern architecture, art galleries and museums, music and live theatre, and even a symphony and ballet.
About the Role:
The Business Consultant provides expertise, direction, and accountability within and around a financial framework in order to facilitate the achievement of the mission, goals, and objectives of Interior Health (IH). The Business Consultant challenges decisions, influences the direction of decision-making, and negotiates with members of Leadership Teams as well as providing input and making recommendations to the Director, Business Support; Senior Management, and various clients on issues that relate to both the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of IH or specific portfolios.
Some Key Duties may include:
• Responsible for compiling, analyzing, and interpreting all financial/statistical information for distribution to Leadership Teams.
• Utilizes financial reports, forecasts, and budgetary information in strategic decision-making around the use and allocation of scarce resources.
• Provides clients operational support from a business context and within their business environment in an efficient and effective manner.
• Is proactive in developing strong liaisons with clients to ensure they are provided assistance on developing issue papers, project charters, business plans, or other materials required to meet the current and future objectives of their portfolios.
• Creates or provides input on the creation of new policies, processes, and strategies.
• Participates in Leadership Team and portfolio meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage and paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Education and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate Degree.
• Completion of an MBA, MHA, CPA, and/or other relevant designations.
• Five to seven years of experience relevant to the duties of the position.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to be flexible on work times and assignments.
• Customer service orientation with the ability to be innovative, lead, influence, and develop others toward reaching organizational objectives.
• Experience working in an organization of similar size and complexity in a role that required awareness of the structure and how to navigate through it to ensure internal clients were provided efficient and effective service.
• Ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team and ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
• Ability to adapt and produce high quality results in a constantly changing and developing environment.
• Ability to multi-task and perform numerous tasks for various clients within acceptable time frames.
• Excellent computer skills in order to access and manipulate data from various systems to produce financial and other reports.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $77,800 to $97,200 and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.