This position may qualify for up to $10,000 as a signing bonus and/or be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at the Nicola Valley Hospital in beautiful Merritt, B.C.
If emergency nursing is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
• Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
• Maintains and advances own clinical competence
• Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
This is a permanent full-time (1.00 FTE) opportunity.
Shifts of work will be rotating days and nights with shift times from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours.
About this location/unit:
The Nicola Valley Health Centre has an 11 bed ER and sees 50-60 patients a day. The Emergency department is open 24/7 with 2 RNs in the ER.
Merritt’s rolling hills, sparkling lakes and over 2,030 hours of sunshine every year is a haven for four-season outdoor recreation. Merritt enjoys a steady influx of people relocating from urban areas attracted to the quality of life, low housing costs, accessibility to services and excellent recreational opportunities. Merritt is located on the Coquihalla Highway (Highway 5) at the junction with Highway 8, 120 kms northeast of Hope and 87 kms southwest of Kamloops.
See why working in Merritt as a healthcare professional is such a great opportunity!
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area as required by the position:
o Emergency – Advanced preparation in an ED clinical specialty or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
o Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $40.21-$54.28
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.