Interior Health is hiring an Information Management Information Technology (IMIT) Student to join the Health Information Exchange (HIE) team. This position is based out of the Community Health & Services Centre in Kelowna, B.C. This position will be available for a maximum of a four-month term as appropriate per co-op program requirements.
Who are we looking for?
The HIE operational and project teams have various deliverables planned or in progress. The student will assist in these tasks as well as other smaller projects, while gaining work experience at Interior Health. If you have good computer skills and project management skills this opportunity is for you!
What will you work on?
This position will assist with planning, developing, and implementing various projects.
Some Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assisting with project planning
2. Assisting with system testing and configuration
3. Updating training documentation
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Enrolled in a post- secondary Computer Science program, preferably 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student.
• Candidate should have completed courses in System Analysis and Design as well as Project Management.
• Prefer a student working towards a degree/diploma in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems.
• Valid Class 5 Drivers
Skills and abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
** Travel will be required for this position.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.