Who Are We Looking For?
Kelowna Health and Service Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full-Time Administrative Support clerk to join their team! This position works rotating days from 09:00 to 17:00.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of administrative support functions including:
• Maintains data management software programs for Population Health programs by gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information as well as performing data entry.
• Types general correspondence such as letters, memos, newsletters, forms, reports and documents.
• Performs reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors.
• Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc.
• Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material, preparing material for offsite storage and destruction.
• Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, including receiving payments, issuing receipts and maintaining petty cash. Makes bank deposits as necessary.
• Informs supervisor or designated authority of fleet vehicle and building maintenance and repair requirements.
• May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult, determining from information received or observed behaviors whether a crisis/emergent situations exists, and obtain immediate assistance if necessary.
• Assists with orientation of staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures. Provides input and feedback in relation to work procedures.
What should your application include?
• Office Administration Certificate
• Valid 5 minute typing test of 50 wpm taken within the past 48 months from an accredited institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
• a current valid BC Driver’s License
• Your Resume
• A Cover letter stating your availability to start in a new position
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Administrative professional and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within an one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Education, Training & Experience
Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to relate well to people of all ages.
Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Ability to type 50 wpm.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to problem solve.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to deal with the others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.