This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Are you a passionate, energetic Licensed Practical Nurse who wants to work for a team that has a person
centered philosophy designed to support peoples’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible? We are seeking a compassionate team player to join us at Brookhaven Care Centre in Kelowna, B.C.
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
• Performs assessments and plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team; the scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population
• Administers oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures
• Operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols
We currently have multiple PERMANENT PART-TIME opportunities available. Shifts are rotating days, evenings, or nights with shift times of 07:00 to 13:30, 16:00 to 21:30, or 23:00 to 07:00.
About this location/unit:
Brookhaven is a single story multi-level personal care facility built in 1995 in West Kelowna. Sumac Unit has 39 complex care beds (19 of these are private rooms) and 1 respite (also private). Residents have access to a secure courtyard, and share access to a second courtyard with Spartan Unit; this courtyard features a lovely water feature called a “pondless fountain.” Spartan unit has 44 complex care beds, 24 of these are private rooms, 4 of which have bariatric capacity and Spartan residents have their own secure enclosed courtyard besides the one they share with Sumac residents.
Both units of 84 residents share a common dining room. McIntosh unit (CBDU) is a specialized psychogeriatric secure environment with 20 beds (all private). CBDU (Chronic Behaviour Disorder Unit) features flexible care and routines, and the residents have access to their own secure enclosed courtyard and dining area.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a Top Employer!
See why Nursing at Interior Health is such an amazing opportunity!
Learn more about the Okanagan Valley!
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Current CPR certification required
Effective April 1, 2023, the hourly rate for this position will be: $31.89 - $40.15
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.