Interior Health has an exciting relief full time opportunity for a Master’s Level Social Worker to join their team to work in Community Care based out of the Penticton Health Centre.
This relief is until the return of the incumbent.
Who Are We Looking For?
The successful candidate will be working with our dynamic home health team out of the Penticton Health Centre. Experience working within the healthcare system, geriatric care and corresponding legislation is an asset.
What Will You Work On?
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Shift times for this position are from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
How Will You Create Impact?
Social Workers at Interior Health advocate for social justice at individual, family, organizational, and societal levels through their professional knowledge, values, ethics and skills.
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Social Worker and want to be challenged in your practice while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.