Interior Health is looking for a term specific full time Manager, Application Development & Automation (ADA) to join our Digital Health team in Kelowna, B.C. The term for this position is until May 31, 2023 or return of the incumbent.
** The worksite location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health Region.
About the Role / What will the person work on?
The Manager, Application Development and Automation is responsible for defining the vision, definition, strategy, and standards of practice for the Application Development and Automation (ADA) teams. This includes working with business units to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used in the development of automated solutions to improve business operations and gain efficiencies across the organization.
The Manager will plan and coordinate the execution of strategic projects which deliver long-term, mission-critical information and software systems as well as automation systems, leveraging Robotic Process Automation technologies, for Interior Health (IH) and the province as a whole. The Manager will be responsible for clarifying customer requirements, providing consultation on alternative solutions, facilitating the resolution of issues, finding efficiencies that will benefit the organization, and balancing the availability of ADA resources based demands of the organization.
Who are we looking for?
Someone who has experience with Digital Health and is able to develop strategic and tactical plans in a health care environment.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help them grow?
Our team members enjoy a friendly environment with peer professionals. There will be opportunities to work on cutting edge technology and platforms with support for education.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Baccalaureate Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a similar field
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in managing a complex business environment (preferably healthcare) including responsibilities for project management, structured systems development, information management, staff development, and supervision across geographically dispersed sites
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Solid customer, vendor, and consultant relationship management and performance management skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical, problem-solving and time management abilities.
• Demonstrated ability for developing, engaging, leading, and mentoring people/teams with integrity and trust.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization and at a provincial level, Possessing political awareness in the health care environment.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, direct, and control projects and project teams in a large, complex organization.
• Experience in facilitating multi-disciplined workshops to develop solutions to problems and/or consensus on new processes.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a highly dynamic, fast paced, continually changing environment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 92K to 100K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.