Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital in Trail is looking for a Permanent Part Time Laboratory Clerk (30 hours per week). This position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties associated with the Laboratory Departments. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current administered 5 minute typing certificate of 40wpm completed in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted);
• Proof of a Medical Terminology certificate from a recognized institution;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical and receptionist duties such as:
• Scheduling appointments, performing computer entry, filing, telephoning, faxing, and invoicing;
• Receives and registers patients by obtaining necessary information for patient data and test entry into the Laboratory Information System (LIS) according to established procedures;
• Receives, processes, and prepares (centrifuges) patient samples in accordance with established procedures;
• Prioritizes workflow and prepares (packages) samples for send-out in accordance with all transportation regulations and procedures;
• Mails and distributes patient reports as required;
• Distributes, files, retrieves, and disposes of laboratory specimens, slides, and blocks;
• Maintains laboratory inventory and supplies;
• Maintains a variety of records such as standing orders and requisitions, temperature records, cleaning and disinfection logs, inventory logs;
• Performs other related duties as required.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, Days – 07:00 to 13:30, 11:30 to 18:00 hours.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of an administered 5 minute typing certificate of 45wpm in the last 48 months from an approved institution (non-supervised tests are not accepted)
• Completion of a Medical Terminology course.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.