Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed Term Specific Full Time Administrative Assistant to join their team until June 5, 2023.
This position is based out of Hillside Centre in beautiful and sunny Kamloops, B.C. There may be opportunity to remotely a few days per week.
What will you work on?
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director for the department or program and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities.
Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
Some Other Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
• Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
• Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
• Assists with maintaining the program/department web page.
• Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
• Coordinates and standardizes the implementation of new and existing technology within the department or program.
• Arranges travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations
• Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required, prepares agendas, and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
• Provides input to new policies, processes, and for the development of strategies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
Along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast-paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
Kamloops, the second largest city in the southern interior of BC, is famous for its hospitality, offering visitors all the amenities of a big city - first class accommodation and dining, a lively arts scene, modern shops, a full range of businesses and wonderful parks and recreation facilities. The landscape is characterized by rivers, mountains, lakes and grasslands which offer unsurpassed opportunities for year-round outdoor adventure, enough to keep even the most avid outdoor enthusiast busy. Blue skies, endless sunshine, deep powder snow, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops region the natural place to visit and experience unparalleled adventure opportunities.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Grade 12 diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from $42,300 to $47,600 and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.