Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kelowna Community Health and Services Centre is looking for a Permanent Part Time (0.80FTE) Patient Transport Assistants. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• Medical Terminology &/or Medical Office Assistant &/or Emergency Operator Certificate;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.
This position facilitates patient referrals and transports. Duties include:
• Assists in the coordination of patient transfers between health care facilities, medical staff and transportation providers;
• Facilitates telephone communication between health care team members at sending and receiving facilities to obtain necessary clinical and operational information;
• Collaborates with Patient Transport Coordinator to identify available transport options in accordance with established criteria by methods such as receiving requests by computer/telephone;
• Keys in and updates patient demographic data into computerized database system;
• Performs tasks by using multiple software and telephony applications in a busy call centre environment; requiring continuous reprioritization and management of tasks;
• Sets up and maintains departmental filing systems for a variety of information;
• Maintains timekeeping records for staff and submits/enters to payroll systems as required;
• Arranges meetings as directed, books meeting rooms. Transcribes and distributes notes and minutes of meetings, and follows-up on action items;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Rotating; 07:00 to 15:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 09:30 to 17:30, 09:30 to 14:30
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Terminology course, a recognized Medical Office Assistant Program and/or an Emergency Operator course.
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and problem solve.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively, including the ability to both lead and participate as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
• Ability to type 45 w.p.m.
• Ability to operate related equipment including demonstrated proficiency in relevant computer applications (ie: Microsoft Word, Excel, Meditech, Transport booking systems ie: OTIS, iRequest Order Entry, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Ability to multi-task using multiple monitors and telephony applications in a fast-paced call centre environment.
• Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**Please submit a 5 minutes Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within past 48 months) and proof of a Medical Office Assistant or Emergency Operators course**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.