Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Kimberley Special Care Home in Kimberley, BC!
The Kimberly Special Care Home is a Long-term Care site located in Kimberley, BC. The building is on one level with ground floor basement access. We have 51 private rooms and two double rooms, two dining rooms, three lounge areas, and two laundry rooms. Our client-centred philosophy is designed to support clients’ choices, help people function at their highest level and provide the best quality of life possible.
We have a full program of activities to accommodate the interests and hobbies of our clients. Clients are encouraged to share their interests and ideas for activities. We have a bus available for group outings. All seasonal celebrations, special events and client birthdays are celebrated. Friends and family members are encouraged to attend these celebrations. A monthly calendar is sent to each family member with the dates and times of the special events. Church services are offered by the different local churches.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Relief Part Time (0.92 FTE) position until the return of the incumbent, working rotating days, evenings, and nights with shift times of 07:00-15:00, 15:00-23:00, 23:00 to 07:00.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health.
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.