Who Are We Looking For?
Kiro Wellness Centre in Trail, B.C. has an exciting opportunity for a casual Pandemic Response Administrative Support Clerk to join their team! When scheduled the hours of work for this position are rotating days 8:30-16:30. This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Many careers with us begin with casual employment and lead to permanent or temporary career opportunities.
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of administrative support functions. Typical duties may include:
• maintaining data management software programs via data entry
• gathering, organizing, collecting, collating, verifying information
• sending, receiving, sorting and distributing sensitive and confidential correspondence while also providing record management duties
• Reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitor and responding to general inquiries from staff, public and others.
• Records management duties such as setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and preparing and archiving material
• Maintains inventories of supplies including contacting suppliers to obtain/or provide information
• Operates office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines and shredders
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult
What should your application include?
• Proof of Grade 12 completion
• Your Resume
• A Cover letter stating your availability to start in a new position
How Will We Help You Grow?
Interior Health offers excellent benefits and many opportunities to maximize your skills. We are an organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you.
If you are an experienced Administrative professional and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Community Profile: Trail is a safe, relaxed city situated on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay region of British Columbia. It is a community with outstanding recreational facilities and an abundance of outdoor activities and an active art and culture community. For residents and visitors alike Trail offers a wealth of activities, from golfing and fishing to mountain biking, hiking, skiing and hockey. Not only is this Kootenay mountain town blessed with a central location and a temperate climate, but it is also a hotbed for technology, research and development. The Teck Lead-Zinc Smelter complex is located in Trail and drives the regional economy. The city is also home to the Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital, the largest diagnostic and acute care hospital in the West Kootenays. Trail’s exceptional education, financial and retail services ensure that its residents have everything they need at their disposal without the need to travel outside of the region.
Education, Training & Experience
Grade 12, plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to deal with the others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.