Interior Health is seeking a Recreation Therapist to join our Mental Health team at Tamarack Cottage in Cranbrook, BC.
Mental health centres provide many services including adult community support, adult short-term assessment and treatment, community residential programs, geriatric programs, crisis intervention, day and outpatient programs, addictions counselling, concurrent disorders services, group therapy, peer support, and after-hours mental health support.
In accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, within the context of a client and resident centered care model, and in accordance with established standards of professional practice, the Recreation Therapist provides recreation and leisure programs/activities one on one and in groups to clients.
The Recreation Therapist also:
• Assesses clients' recreation and leisure needs, develops and coordinates the delivery of therapeutic recreation plans and evaluates outcomes/objectives.
• Performs recreation/leisure assessments to create therapeutic recreation programs that benefit the clients’ health, functional status, personal development and quality of life.
• Documents behavioural and functional observations. Develops individualized therapeutic recreation plans in collaboration with others.
• Monitors clients' progress, revisits goals, identifies accomplishments and sets/revises time lines to ensure objectives are met.
• Collaborates with Occupational/ Rehabilitation staff, other health care professionals, social and recreational agencies/groups in the resolution of client program issues.
• Contributes to the organization and delivery of Recreation Therapy services, and participates in designated quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research and education, as required.
• Provides input to the Manager by participating in the development of laboratory guidelines and procedures; research and continuous quality improvement initiatives for the department.
• Performs administrative duties as required.
This is a permanent part time (0.80 FTE) opportunity working Monday to Friday day shifts from 08:00 to 16:00.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others. Apply Today!
Located in the southeastern corner of British Columbia, Cranbrook is the business capital of the East Kootenays and the largest city in the Rocky Mountain Region. Nestled on a gentle plain with scenic mountain vistas in the distance, it is considered by many to be an ideal location to raise a family or retire. Boasting more hours of sunshine than anywhere else in the province, its residents enjoy a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities including golf, hiking and skiing. For those who enjoy more urban pursuits, there are shops, boutiques and cafes, as well as an arts centre and heritage attractions.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy
• Two years recent related experience.
• Eligible for professional membership with the B.C. Therapeutic Recreation Association (BCTRA).
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
Days of Work - Monday to Thursday. Days Off - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Stats
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.