Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Three Links Manor in Kelowna, BC!
Three Links Manor (TLM) opened in 1985 and is currently a Complex Care Facility with 82 beds (80 residential and 2 respite), all in private rooms. First floor has 41 private rooms, a small dining room for private family gatherings as well as access to two patios. The second floor has 41 private rooms and access to a deck that overlooks the back gardens and fountain. Each floor has a common dining/sitting area, kitchenette for resident use and an activity room. The fenced grounds are perfect for those who like to walk, relax outside or participate in gardening. Special recreation programs are offered to our residents in different formats such as large groups, small groups and one to one interactions. These programs include baking, gardening, fitness and movement, community outings by bus, crafts, cards and games, bingo, music and a variety of social events.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each resident, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in resident behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a RELIEF PART TIME (0.83 FTE) position until the return of the incumbent, working rotating evenings. Shift times include 12:30 to 21:30.
This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their residents and their community. Apply today!
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please upload a copy of your health care certificate.
This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.