Interior Health is hiring a term specific full time Employee Health & Wellness Assistant to join our Employee Health & Wellness (EH&W) team. This term is until May 31, 2023 or return of the incumbent.
**The worksite location for this position is flexible and can be located anywhere within the Interior Health region**
Who are we looking for?
The Employee Health & Wellness for Workplace Health and Safety, the Employee Health & Wellness Assistant provides primary support to the Workplace Health & Safety staff in the area of disability claims and sick leave management.
We are looking for an Assistant to support functions such as: gathering information from various sources to support effective administration of WorkSafeBC, Long Term Disability (LTD) and Short Term Disability (STD) claims, Duty to Accommodate (DTA) requests, health and safety grievances, and WorkSafeBC appeals.
What will you work on?
1. Gathering and compiling sick leave information for all staff with an injury or illness. This includes reviewing daily reports, gathering additional information from ESP, managers, payroll, and others for the required documentation.
2. Liaising with other Employee Health & Wellness professionals to gather additional information required to facilitate Canada Life referral process, i.e. job description, work schedules, etc. Maintains records of all referrals to Canada Life and follows up as necessary.
3. Assisting the Employee Health & Wellness professionals in receiving reports, setting up teleconferences, recording minutes of meetings, as well as providing confidential administrative duties as needed specific to these matters. During Employee Health & Wellness Facilitators staff scheduled absences (vacation) performs some case management activities under the direction of another staff member.
4. Providing administrative support to Employee Health & Wellness relative to sensitive employee health & safety matters (e.g. allegations of substance use, grievance matters relating to Duty to Accommodate issues, grievance matters relative to sickness absenteeism, and documentation specific to employee capabilities vs. job requirements). This support may include researching payroll records, ESP, and employee health files to obtain information to either support or refute the alleged issue and preparing relevant correspondence required.
5. Performing other duties as required.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• A diploma (preferred) or certificate in Disability Management or Human Resources would be considered an asset but is not required
• Medical Terminology
• Knowledge of WCB regulations, collective agreements, and LTD benefit plan requirements related to WCB, LTD, and sickness leave
• Two years related experience in disability claims/insurance
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure an efficient office operation
Ability to function independently, exercising sound judgment skills
Ability to function interdependently in a team environment
Ability to be discreet, tactful, and flexible
Ability to use computer software efficiently (e.g. word processing, database programs, Excel spreadsheet applications, charts and graphs, and PowerPoint)
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Starting salary is approximately from $42,300 to $52,900 and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.