New Graduates…A nursing career with Interior Health is full of opportunity to grow and advance!
Why Apply For a New Grad Opportunity?
The New Grad (NG) program provides nursing students with a unique placement that fosters professional development and the consolidation of skills and abilities.
Whatever your interest, we have something for you! Strengthen your skills in acute medicine/surgery, mental health, long term care and advance into specialty areas such as ICU, ER, OR, Maternal/Child, Cardiac, Rural, Renal Dialysis, Home & Community Care or Public Health.
The new grad program helps new grad nurses solidify their clinical skills. As a new grad you will have access to:
• Supernumerary hours
• Mentorship hours
• Clinical support to help you consolidate your nursing skills
• Opportunity to work permanent/temporary or casual
Nursing shift types are days, evenings, and nights and shift times are from 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 hours (depending on the unit/department).
Current Eligibility Criteria for New Grads:
1. Be a graduate of a Canadian program
2. Not more than 12 month has elapsed since the date of the completion of your nursing program
3. Have current practicing or provisional BCCNM registration
4. Have not participated in a NG program with another Health Authority
New grad applications will ONLY be considered under this posting. Do not apply to any other postings on jobs.interiorhealth.ca at this time. This posting covers all new grad opportunities for all locations and facilities within Interior Health. Use the pre-screen form to indicate the location and practice area you are most interested in applying to.
New Grads praise and recommend Interior Health
“To all the new grads that are looking to start their nursing career, we would highly recommend IH. Although being a new grad is challenging, the staff of IH are incredibly encouraging. The support received from each other, as well as the staff of IH, is something we will bring forward in our #nursing careers. Thank you to everyone for welcoming us!”- Hailey, Angie, Asahi - RNs
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health:
• We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
About Our Locations:
At Interior Health we have over 19,000 employees and 1,400 physicians on our team, developing the future of health care and pushing the limits of innovation and professional development. Whether you wish to live, work and play in an urban or rural setting, at Interior Health you will find everything you've been searching for, both personally and professionally.
Thompson Cariboo Shuswap Region
Find out what Room to Grow can mean for you. Apply today to be a part of our exceptional care team. Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.