Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed permanent full time Administrative Assistant to join our Medical Program Transformation department.
** The worksite location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region **
Who are we looking for?
Along with your organization, attention to detail, knowledge and skills, we are looking for a candidate that can make a difference and takes pride in their career to work in our fast paced environment. You will perform within an innovative culture that’s focused on transformational change in the health care system.
What will you work on?
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Directors of Medical Program Transformation, Physician Compensation, and Medicine & Quality Initiatives, and for these departments as required.
The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the departments informed and aligned to its priorities. Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Directors in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the departments.
SOME OTHER TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
2. Initiates follow-up processes with staff and others. Resolves day-to-day problems as required, evaluates operating procedures, and advises management as necessary. Drafts correspondence/ reports as requested. Prepares spreadsheets, graphs, flow charts, and statistics as required.
3. Provides general administrative support by:
• acknowledging letters and composing correspondence for signature
• providing supporting information where required
• proofing mailings for spelling, grammar, and clear understanding
• preparing and typing correspondence, memoranda, minutes, confidential reports, and other documents
• responding to administrative requests and inquiries
• protecting the security of confidential information by maintaining private files and typing private correspondence.
4. Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
5. Assists with maintaining the department web pages.
6. Coordinates and standardizes the implementation of new and existing technology within the department.
7. Sets up and maintains manual and computerized filing systems for all correspondence and administration files. Maintains materials such as policy and procedure manuals.
8. Coordinates meeting schedules and calendars for the Directors by prioritizing and arranging appointments and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required, ensuring that schedules are manageable.
9. Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
10. Arranges travel and accommodation by booking and confirming flights, vehicles, and hotel reservations
11. Provides input to new policies, processes, and the development of strategies.
12. Attends and acts as a recorder for confidential meetings such as management meetings. Transcribes minutes and distributes accordingly. Follows up on action items as required, prepares agendas, and circulates necessary materials for meetings.
13. Ensures appropriate supplies and support materials are available and equipment is in working order.
14. Supports the Directors in completing the required documentation associated with Human Resources including: on staff and change notices, payroll removal forms, payroll queries, and travel reimbursements.
15. Liaises and coordinates with other Administrative Assistants as necessary to facilitate the many shared matters of daily business.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer an exceptional employer-paid benefits package, recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary, and generous vacation entitlement after your first year of employment.
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Starting salary is approximately from 42K to 50K and will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.