Kelowna General Hospital is looking for a Permanent Full Time Health Information Processing Clerks to join their team. Apply today!
This position performs clerical duties relating to preparation, maintenance and storage of patient information in paper and electronic form, secretarial duties for Managers and Physicians and quantitative analysis, such as:
• Conduct quantitative analysis to ensure accuracy of patient records;
• Monitors and maintains an electronic tracking system for deficient patient charts;
• Types a variety of technical and non-technical material for Managers and Physicians - memos, correspondence, medical reports, minutes or notes at departmental or committee meetings;
• Retrieves, organizes and files patient records, reports, and other documents;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient information in accordance with legislative statutes, IHA and established policies, procedures and guidelines for Release of Information;
• Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and/or databases;
• Assists physicians in completing patient documentation by performing quantitative analysis;
• Reception duties - answers telephone, transfers calls, takes messages or answers routine enquiries. Receives visitors, provides information and directs to appropriate areas. Sorts and distributes mail (paper and electronic).
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 07:00 to 15:00, 16:00 to 23:59
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Terminology course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (Non-supervised tests are not accepted)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
**Please submit a 5 min Typing Test (min 55 wpm within past 48 months) from recognized institution and proof of Medical Terminology course.**
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.