Interior Health is seeking a skilled Biomedical Engineering Technologist to join their small and cohesive team based in Williams Lake, B.C. As a key team member, you will be responsible for providing biomedical engineering services that support the safe, efficient and effective utilization of medical technology.
Some typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Applying best practice and knowledge to ensure the safe and effective use of biomedical equipment
• Evaluating and performing technical evaluations on new medical equipment and technologies
• Maintaining and repairing medical equipment in the workshop and in patient-care areas
• Managing medical equipment inventory, sourcing parts, orders and liasing with manufacturers and vendors
• Performing scheduled inspections and tests and maintaining related records
• Providing clinical staff with educational support and technical information
This is a permanent full-time opportunity. Days of work are Monday-Friday day shifts with weekends and statutory holidays off. As a valued member of our team, you can expect many employee services and benefits to support you at every stage of your career. We offer competitive pay, extended health and dental coverage, pension plan, excellent vacation entitlement and paid sick time; in addition to interesting growth opportunities to help you learn and enhance your career.
The ideal applicant will be a Biomedical Engineer with very strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills; who can demonstrate ability to work independently, prioritize, collaborate and communicate effectively. If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Join us and make a difference in the lives of others.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Biomedical Equipment Technology Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required
• Must be eligible for membership in Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of B.C.
• Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver's License required
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.