Interior Health is looking for a permanent full time Nurse Practitioner, Cardiac Surgery to join the supportive team at the Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) in Kelowna, B.C.
What will you work on?
This exciting NP position provides an opportunity to work as a member of the Cardiac Surgery multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent and collaborative patient management throughout the continuum of cardiac surgery care at the KGH.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Independently and in collaboration with other members of the health care team provides quality, comprehensive, patients in the context of shared decision-making and the right to self-determination
• Establishes medical diagnoses from short-term, chronic and acute health problems for new and established patients
• Prescribes/orders appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions
• Manages post-operative complications in conjunction with Cardiac Surgeon
• Performs office procedures and wound care such as suture, staple and tunneled catheters removals, sharp wound debridement, application and management of advanced wound technologies
• Orders and reviews laboratory testing, interprets results, adjusts medications and interacts with patients and referring physicians to effectively monitor and coordinate patient care
• Determines appropriate consultations/referrals to other health professionals and community agencies
• Provides hospital rounding, admission consultations and discharge support, dictation of upcoming hospital procedures and electronic hospital medical record entry, as assigned
• Confers/collaborates with cardiac surgeons, regarding H&P findings and plan. Responds to phone calls from hospital staff during clinic hours
• Provides counseling and education to patients and their families/caregivers regarding disease process, treatment options, and follow up plans
• Demonstrates knowledge and experience in diagnosis and procedure coding
• Demonstrates willingness to independently, perform/assist in surgical procedures and to be trained accordingly
• No after-hours/on-call requirement
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
• OSCE exam reimbursement
• Relocation incentive
** Incentives are subject to change and current rates are confirmed at time of offer **
Interior Health offers work-life balance with competitive wages, excellent employee benefits, professional development and educational leave in a larger-than-life landscape and four seasons playground. Come and join our team. Apply today!
• Current registration and exam-qualified as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Successful completion of Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
• Recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
There are 2 x 1.0 FTE positions available.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.